Saturday, December 5, 2009

Compassionate Communication Workshop for WAN at CISCO



This was an event with many ‘first-ever’. First Compassionate Communication workshop in a Company and I used a lap top for the first time to facilitate a program. It was also the first ‘all women event’, for the core group of Women’s Action Network (WAN) at CISCO. WAN’s vision is “to contribute to the strategic effort to enhance Cisco's success in attracting, developing and retaining talented women employees”. When I heard that part form professional initiatives, WAN also has started many community initiatives such as girls in technology, adopting charities focused on education, I felt very enthused and happy because my needs for inspiration and meaning have been met.
I was very excited about this workshop rights from the word go. At the same time I felt apprehensive, mostly about the short time and my need to make the program useful for the participants. I was trying to condense the workshop into 5 hours and in reality we had less that 4 and a half hours. I felt extremely pleased that we could establish the basic concepts and bring clarity to the purpose of NVC and how it can be applied to all aspects of life. I feel gratitude to the participants for their cooperation and active participation in accomplishing this goal within the precious time available. My need to share and spread NVC consciousness has been fully met.  I also mourn the lack of time to do more exercises/ease for more discussions and sharing to deepen NVC consciousness.
The synchronicity behind this event is quite amazing to me. I met Tracy in Auroville in a workshop facilitated by Tewa and Jivan. Radhika attended one of the workshops in Bangalore facilitated by me and she told me that Tracy shared about NVC and she was inspired to attend the workshop. Radhika coordinated this event and made it happen in collaboration with Vidhya and Priyanaka. I really enjoyed meeting Radhika after a long time and reconnecting with her.
I am grateful to Radhika, Vidhya, Priyanka and Tracy and the core team of WAN for the opportunity to plant NVC seeds. I can visualize these seeds germinating, growing, blooming and bearing fruits not only within WAN and CISCO but also spreading to the many communities outside through the outreach initiatives. What a gift this event is for me in my mission to spread awareness in individuals, communities, organizations and societies.

No comments:

Post a Comment